Task Force Appointment
Appointed by Governor M. Jodi Rell to serve on Connecticut's Teen Driving Safety Task Force (contributed to Public Act 08-32, which was adopted into law and served to strengthen Connecticut's graduated licensing laws). Read the Final Report.
Officer and Director Positions
- Captain Noah Grant Chapter, DAR, Vice Regent
- Mourning Parents Act, Inc., Co-founder and past Board Member and President
- Ryan A. Ramirez Memorial Fund, Inc. (www.RyansFund.org), Founder, Board Member, and President
- Connecticut Professional Genealogists Council, Member-at-Large
Owner and operator of 1 Stop Genealogy, offering professional genealogy services.
Advisory Board Positions
- Connecticut DMV Advisory Committee on Teen Safe Driving
- American Trauma Society Consumer's Advisory Board
- Connecticut Underage Drinking Collaborative
- Allstate Foundation Teen Driving Safety Advisory Board (former member)
- Massachusetts RMV Junior Operator License Advisory Board
- Connecticut Teen Driving Safety Partnership
National Conferences and Press Conferences
- Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety Releases 2013 Roadmap of State Highway Safety Laws, National Press Conference on Highway Safety Priorities, National Press Club, Washington DC, January 2013.
- Advocates Push for Enactment of Federal Law to Protect Teen Drivers in Every State. Washington, DC – west front of the U.S. Capitol building, April 23, 2009.
- Lifesaver's Conference. !MPACT's Approach to Teen Driving. 2007, Portland, Oregon.
Featured in Injury Free Coalition for Kids video - Teens Driving Smart and Safe.
- Interview with Fox CT News for Connecticut Safe Teen Driving Awareness Week - December 8, 2014
- Interview with Fox CT News for National Safe Teen Driving Awareness Week - October 21, 2014
- Interview with WSBC - July 26, 2013
- Interview with NBC News - December 7, 2011
- ABC News - Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards, June 2, 2010.
- Featured in Teen Driving News Briefing on Efforts to Promote Safe Teen Driving with the Dept. of Motor Vehicles and Lt. Governor Fedele - CT-N, State Capitol, CT. Recorded April 28, 2010. Broadcast May 2, 2010.
- Connecticut Cracks Down on Teen Drivers, NECN Boston Brian Burnell, July 9, 2008
- Mothers Who Lost Kids Seek To Reach Teens - WFSB Channel 3, November 22, 2007
- Beyond the Headlines - Teen Driving Discussion with !MPACT and Legislators (Fox 61), October 14, 2007
- Program to Fight Teenage Driving Deaths - Members of !MPACT Hope to Become a National Model (Fox 61 News Coverage), September 24, 2007
- NBC 30 News Coverage , September 24, 2007
- WFSB Channel 3 News Coverage, September 24, 2007
- Fox 61 News Coverage of !MPACT Presentation in Newington, CT, May 2007
- AM 1220 WQUN with John D'Andre, Teen Driving Discussion, July 2017, June 2016, June 2015, June 5, 2014
- WDRC, The Talk of Connecticut with Shelly Sindland, Distracted Driving, January 4, 2014.
- WNPR National Public Radio, Where We Live with John Dankosky, The Road Safely Traveled: Driving Safer in the New Year, January 2, 2014 (Listen to the interview by following this link: http://wnpr.org/post/road-safely-traveled-driving-safer-new-year)
- AM 1220 WQUN with John D'Andre, Teen Driving Discussion, July 24, 2013
- AM 1220 WQUN with John D'Andre, Teen Driving Discussion, May 27, 2010
- WATR, Talk of the Town with Larry Rifkin, December 15, 2009
- WQUN CT with John D'Andre, Teen Driving Discussion, December 11, 2009
- Nancy Barrows Show - Hot 93.7 - In Depth Interview, August 29, 2009
- Hot 93.7, CT - !MPACT Interview, August 5, 2009
- WNPR National Public Radio - Teen Driving Discussion, October 25, 2007
Key speaker at Cherish Our Children event in Newington, CT:
Also see Upcoming Events
2017, Safety Champion Award, CT Children's Medical Center, Yale New Haven Children's Hospital, CT DMV, CT DOT, American Academy of Pediatrics (Hezekiah Beardsley CT Chapter), Office of the Child Advocate, Safe Kids Connecticut, and AAA
2014, Highway Safety Hero Award; Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety, Washington DC
2014, Excellence in Community Service Award; National Society, Daughters of the American Revolution
2013, Liberty Bell Award; Tolland County (CT) Bar Association
1999–2009 Connecticut Maple Leaf (bi-annual publication of the French-Canadian Genealogical Society of Connecticut)
- National Society, Daughters of the American Revolution, National #897547
- Association of Professional Genealogists
- Connecticut Professional Genealogists Council, Inc.
- National Genealogy Society
- New England Historic Genealogical Society
- The Connecticut Gravestone Network
Chapman, Sherry. “Louis Jolliet: A Connecticut Connection.” Connecticut Maple
Leaf 13(3) (Summer 2008): 33-34.
———. “Northeastern Connecticut Mill Workers’ Wall of Honor.”
Connecticut Maple Leaf 13(1) (Summer 2007): 62-72.
———. “Surname Study: LACHAPELLE / MARTINEAU: Canadian
Border Crossings into the U.S. (1895-1915).” Connecticut Maple Leaf 13(1)
(Summer 2007): 30-37.
———. “The Guibord Debacle.” Connecticut Maple Leaf 12(3)
(Summer 2006): 32-38.
———. “French Surnames Extracted from the Connecticut 1870
Census.” Connecticut Maple Leaf 12(3) (Summer 2006): 19-20.
———. “On the Death of a Child.” Connecticut Maple Leaf 11(1)
(Summer 2003): 61.
———. “One Name Study: LACHAPELLE and Name Variants in CT, MA,
ME, NH, NY, RI, VT: (LaChapelles in New England abstracted from 1870 U.S.
Federal Census).” Connecticut Maple Leaf 10(3) (Summer 2002): 38-40.
———. “On the Internet: Let’s Play Favorites: Links for the French-
Canadian Researcher.” Connecticut Maple Leaf 10(2) (Winter 2001-2002):
———. “A Change in Connecticut Law Affects Genealogists.”
Connecticut Maple Leaf 9(4) (Winter 2000-2001): 289.
———. “Websites Offering Free Translation Services.” Connecticut
Maple Leaf 9(4) (Winter 2000-2001): 285.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Sherry Chapman